Join ACF (or renew your membership) now!
Increase your participation in the chess community and help promote chess in Alabama, by joining ACF today! You can now join or renew online using either your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account. Please be sure to fill in the member name and contact information before clicking the payment button. If you buy a family membership, include the names (first and last) of all family members covered. Separate multiple member names with commas. If there is insufficient space, send the missing names by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide your email address you will get an email acknowledgment (a Paypal receipt) confirming your membership purchase. This confirmation will serve as evidence of your ACF membership at tournaments. If you buy a membership immediately before a tournament, bring the receipt with you as evidence of your ACF membership.
Membership Verification: Check your ACF membership status and expiration date by clicking on Membership/Member Status.
Any individual may become a Regular Member upon the payment of annual dues of $10.00. Regular Members may receive special publications or notices from ACF as they are issued. Any individual registered in kindergarten through the twelfth grade of a school located in the State of Alabama may become a non-voting Scholastic Member by payment of annual dues of $10.00. Scholastic Members may receive special student publications or notices from ACF as they are issued.
We welcome any organized group of chess players who wish to hold chess tournaments (large or small) with a USCF-rated section to join as an Affiliate member. Applicants must file an Affiliate Information Form with the Secretary of ACF (email@example.com) along with an annual dues payment of $25. (Only affiliate renewals may be purchased online.)
Benefits of becoming an affiliate include:
- a premium listing on the ACF website
- posting of your tournament dates (and flyers) on the ACF calendar
- home page features of your tournament if ACF memberships are required for USCF-rated sections
- Post-tournament reports posted to the ACF website
- Tournament notification mailings about your tournament (some restrictions apply)
- Right to bid to host various Alabama Championship events
- Advisory role to the ACF Executive Board
- Being a special part of an organization dedicated to promoting chess in Alabama.
The conditions of affiliate membership are:
- Agreement to require ACF memberships for all open, USCF-rated tournaments that are open to adults.
- Requiring ACF memberships for rated scholastic tournaments is encouraged but not mandatory unless you are seeking to have the tournament featured on the ACF home page.
Join now! Click one of these links for a printable membership form with instructions:
|ACF Affiliate Membership Form:||html|